Hello fellow stalkers,
Have you missed me? Probably not.
I’ve been on Twitter for quite some time now but I have currently started interacting with fellow bloggers. I want to start daily (LOL) blogging about feelings and crap and it might not ALL be about the “stalkin'”, however my intentions are to keep it close if I can.
Let’s start off by filling everyone in real quick… eh?
2 years ago I promised you blogs on the following
- Finesse Mitchell
- Joe Machi and John Crist
- Shawn Colvin
- Sean Hurwitz
- Tom Papa
- John Caparulo
- Mike Armstrong and Herbie Gill
- T.L.C. and Nacho Extreme
- Amy Schumer
Took this Engagement like photo with Finesse Mitchell back in 2015 after he performed at Hilarities.
My gal pal Holly and I getting all snuggles with comedian Joe Machi after his show. I then jumped in with John Crist (white guy) annnd I don’t know the other guys name, they were the opening acts at Hilarities back in 2015.
Singer Shawn Colvin after her performance in New York for the Lincoln Center Out of Doors concert back in 2015. It was a free concert, we were actually there to snag Fiona Apple but she slipped through the cracks.
Sean Hurwitz from Smash Mouth and singer Suzi Oravec performed at Scenes Pig and Whiskey festival in Willoughby back in 2015.
- Tried to get the lead singer but he disappeared, Sean was nice enough to stick around and meet all the fans. He even interacted with a child.
- Suzi is a Cleveland gal that sings country and was a blast to take pictures with.
Comedian Tom Papa after his act at Hilarities back in 2015.
Smiles with John Caparulo after his comedy act back in 2015 at Hilarities.
Comedians Mike Armstrong and Herbie Gill after their act back in 2015 at the HardRock Casino.
The beautiful ladies of TLC, Chilli and T-Boz and then with Nacho Extreme, good friends and security on The WahlBurgers.
- Shari and I went to the concert, it was TLC, NKOTB, and Nelly.
- Paid $99 for meet and greet passes, no stalking was involved for TLC.
- Barley House in Cleveland had an event after the concert, rumors of the NKOTB clan would be there. $10 cover charge, stayed awhile but there was no signs of the boy band. Did get to meet Henry Nacho from The Wahlburgers, not a total loss.
Stalker in crime Shari grinning ear to ear with Amy Schumer after her comedy act at Playhouse Square back in 2015.
- I was supposed to be at this show but she had rescheduled the original date and the new one fell when I was on vacation.
- Definitely one I regret, because Amy is hilarious as balls. I loved her on season 5 of last comic standing a million years ago and have been a fan since.
- She did an HBO special, pictures and video from her meeting Shari in Cleveland made it on the opening credits. I have video of it somewhere…it will probably never get posted. 🙁
A couple extras that happened after the fact.
Bobby Collins was a delight to meet, the comedian took pictures after his show at Hilarities.
The below collage of photos took place at The Lake County Captains, Cleveland Sports History Night
Former Indians player Ellis Burks.
Former Indians player Len Barker
Former Browns players Greg Pruitt and Mike Pruitt.
Cleveland State University Head Coach Dennis Felton.
John Carroll University Head Coach Mike Moran
A couple of failed stalks include:
- Chris Rock / Total Blackout Tour. It was a cold and rainy day. We drove down to Cleveland before the show, PAID to park and waited for Chris to arrive at the Playhouse Square. 3 of us huddled under 1 umbrella that was now turned upside down from the dramatic winds. At one point we ran back to our car because the rain was soo heavy, but when we saw a car pull up we darted back across the street to try for the stalk. Pretty sure it was Chris, I don’t remember if we saw him get out or not. We left shortly after, drenched and defeated.
- Shari went back the next day and tried again, this time I do believe she saw Chris but he kept on walking.
- Found out Dave Chappelle, Arsenio Hall, and Ardie Fuqua were all surprise guests on this particular night in Cleveland.
- Hall who is a Cleveland native tweeted about his experience.
- Howie Mandel. Performed at the Hardrock Rocksino last year about this time.
- We got there early to catch him before the show. He pulled up, pretended he was on his phone and walked by…NEVER even looked up to acknowledged us. It was rude.
- Mary J. Blige / Strength of a Woman Tour. Performed at the Hardrock Rocksino.
- Got there early, missed her going in. Stayed till the end of the show but security pushed us SOOO FAR BACK we didn’t stand a chance. Saw what we thought was her leave, get in the bus we thought was hers annnnd… jumped in our car to follow until our exit came up. Went home tired and defeated.
Some upcoming stalks include:
- Johnny Mathis. I’ve been a fan of Johnny since I was a child, on Christmas Eve we’d all sing along to his Christmas VHS tape. His Christmas album is one of my favorites and I listen to it religiously during the holidays.
- Johnny has been performing at the Playhouse Square for quite some time now when I finally realized it was time for a stalk.
- A few years back…Hanson was also performing the night Johnny was and we decided to make it a 2 for 1, snag Hanson (At HOB) before the show super early and then hit up Johnny at the Playhouse. However Hanson came out later than usual and by the time we made it back to the Playhouse Johnny was already inside. We waited for a little, tried to get some of the workers to get him to come out but it never happened. Unfortunately, we were also seeing the Hanson show (and still had to snag the two other brothers) that we could not come back for Johnny.
- Fast forward. Johnny will be back in Cleveland Friday, November 3rd. With such short notice, little money, and an early volleyball game I don’t think I am going to make it this time around either. I was actually looking forward to going to the show as he will be performing his new album The Great New American Songbook.
- Nick Offerman / Full Bush Tour. He will be at the Playhouse Square on November 19th, I’d actually really like to see the show. I am working on getting tickets now but if not, I’d love to meet Nick, he’s hilarious.
- Fred Willard / An Evening with Fred Willard. Another Playhouse Square performer, he will be in Cleveland on December 30th.
- Ticket prices are $18 in advance and $20 at the door, seems very reasonable.
- “We’re extremely proud to have comedy legend and Shaker Heights native Fred Willard joining us for the 2017 Cleveland Comedy Festival for a fun and engaging evening that celebrates his amazing career in film, TV, sketch and improv comedy. The show will feature video clips from Fred’s most notable appearances as well as open, un-scripted conversation with Fred facilitated by WCPN Sound of Ideas host and Plain Dealer columnist Mike McIntyre. You know Fred, you love Fred, join us in the Outcalt Theatre for a great evening with America’s favorite comedic everyman.” – Playhouse Square
These are just to name a few as there are others I have yet to fully look over and put down on paper.
Scheduling is hard.
Cleveland is far.
Parking isn’t cheap.
Above are some of the conflicts I am faced with when deciding on my next victim, but with a little better planning and a positive attitude anything is possible.
Once again, thank you for you time.
Don’t forget to SHARE, LIKE, and COMMENT.
Stalk ya later!